I love linking to important articles for my blog readers. So today, I would like to link to one I wrote. Its up at the Gospel Coalition website. The subject is How Churches Can Care for their Pastor’s Kids.
My main points were:
1. Give grace to the pastor’s children on Sunday.
2. If you have a concern, talk to your pastor about behavior that characterizes the children. But do so with an attitude of loving acceptance.
3. Be generous in your praise.
4. Limit church criticism and complaint to private conversations among adults.
5. Be brave and rebuke the critics.
6. Give your pastors room to deal with their children’s hearts.
7. Give your pastors margin to minister to their families.
Read the whole thing. And pass it on to other church members!