Not to provoke them to anger but to provoke a question about why we live differently a la 1 Peter 3:15 – Always be prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.
He has a number of ways to shine at work including:
– Not gossiping but speaking with thanksgiving.
– Make a prayer list for the people in your office and their families. When appropriate ask, “How can I pray for you.”
– Take the dirty jobs like cleaning the coffee pot.
– Speak about your church involvement over the weekend without mumbling.
– Keep copies of apologetics books in your office. Give copies away.
Check out the whole article here.
My experience has been in the Northeast that, yes we must live differently. But very rarely will someone ask us this question.
That’s where the principles of Evangelism for the Tongue-Tied comes in. You can gently and assertively bring up the gospel questions when God opens a door.
Are we a witness at work? It will spill over to our homelife when we are excited about the gospel and report on a gospel conversation.
How can you pray to humbly stand out at work as a Christian?