Last summer our men’s group studied different men of the Bible. It varied the Bible study and kept the men in the Word.
After they picked a man to study: Caleb, Noah, Samson, Lot, Philemon, Barnabas, etc. here is what I gave them to study:
Goal: To so study this man so that you would recognize him if he walked into a room.
- Find references to this person in the Bible.
- Read Scripture to get some insights into this person’s life.
- Make a chronological outline of his life.
- Identify some character qualities of this person – good or bad.
- How is this person a picture of Christ? Or how do his flaws point to need for the perfect man – Jesus? How does this man demonstrate the need for the gospel?
- What crisis point did he face in his life and what did he do?
- What are some life lessons we can learn from him? If he were to address our men’s group and share his life lessons, what would he say?
- What are some applications to your life?
I plan to ramp up this type of study again for myself personally. What about you?