Part of discipling our children in the faith is to appropriately protect, teach, and model a biblical view of sexuality. Yet, no topic can make us more tongue-tied. To make matters worse, we are living in a hyper-sexualized and chaotic culture when it comes to this topic.
In this podcast, I talk with Eric Bancroft. Eric is the pastor of Grace Church in Miami, he has been married for 22 years and has three teenage sons.
This conversation is theologically rich along with wisdom that comes from someone who has been a youth pastor, pastor, and father of three teenage boys.
This will be a podcast you want to listen to several times, taking notes as you go!
Topics covered include:
- 1:02 The myth of THE talk vs many talks- a biblical foundation.
- 5:54 Three categorical stages of understanding.
- 9:54 Ways he has informed his children plus resource recommendations.
- 13:10 Why we all need the body of Christ in this area.
- 16:13 Thoughts on the purity culture and transactional theology.
- 21:24 Thoughts on raising our children in a confused world of expressive individualism.
Resources discussed include:
If you are a parent, God has given you eternal souls to influence. In today’s culture, you need a strategy.
The Disciple-Making Parent will give you confidence in your parenting.
If you have made it this far, we are happy to give you a free audiobook of The Disciple-Making Parent. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and include “podcast” in your subject line.