Note: These verse lists are given as quick, topical studies to help moms and dads do studies on a date with their child, to shepherd an individual child, or for family devotions.
Last time we saw that God is a speaking God. But why don’t we hear him? The problem is on our end. Sin hinders our listening. Our listening gets clogged by sin. Other times, we don’t really care to listen. Let’s heed these commands and warnings to listen to the Lord.
1. Matthew 17:5 This is my Son, whom I love, listen to him.
2. John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice. I know them and they follow me.
3. Mark 4:24-25 Consider carefully what you hear….Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.
4. Luke 16:31 If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.
5. Matthew 11:15 He who has ears, let him hear.
Let us pray together that we and our children will be slow to speak and quick to listen to our speaking God.