I love this list by Steve McCoy. We were blessed with some great teaching and followed almost all of these (or tried to follow). Thankfully there was agreement on these in our church. Though you cannot point to a chapter and verse of the Bible for many of these, there is great wisdom here.
- Believe Kids Are A Blessing
- Read The Jesus Storybook Bible To Them
- Pray With Your Kids Concerning Taking Risks
- Teach *First Time Obedience*
- Give Rules For Respectful Disagreement
- Give Rules For Respectful Interruption
- Give Rules For Being Respectful in Public
- The Five Minute Rule (Warning)
- Pre-Event Preparation/Conversation
- Titles of Respect for Adults
- Use Timers
- Sharing Is Not Requested, It’s Essential
- Boys Treat Girls Differently Than Boys .
- Play Rough & Teach Kids To Get Over It
- Kids Sit With You In Church
- Ask Your Kids To Forgive You
- Kiss Your Spouse In Front Of Them
- Talking Back To Mom Is Talking Back To My Wife
- Hugs & Kisses To Friends
- Disagree In Front Of Your Kids
- Keep/Give Away
- Teach Your Kids To Sing
- Teach Your Kids God Loves Them More Than You
- Get In The Pool
Still working on the Get in the Pool thing. But heh, no one’s perfect – right?
Read the whole thing. It’s really good. And talk about it in your Sunday School class.